The Adventures of Leela

Friday, April 11, 2008

Spandex Queen



I have discovered a new love, which I always thought I hated. I mean I used to make fun of people for wearing it. I used to say "NO ONE should EVER WEAR SPANDEX!" Yep that's right last night I fell in love with spandex. Special thanks to Pam Paris the super mother in law who knew that spandex would hold in my jiggly butt and make it look too cute. I know maybe it is only being held in because she classically bought "the one size smaller that I will "fit" in next month". Well anyways I asked for a new yoga mat for Christmas. My very generous mother and father-in-law got me not only a new mat, but as an added bonus a spandex yoga outfit. Now for all who know me, I have high self esteem but would not be caught dead in spandex. Yesterday something came over me as I went home to grab my yoga gear for the night class. It was probably that I was running late and needed to make it to lab in time for another meeting and before I got totally wet from the downpour. I grabbed my ready made work-out outfit and a extra t-shirt in case I decided that I looked really really bad. Later that day I went to change for my lab buddies to judge. They said oh cute can you tell your mom-in-law you have friend?. Then the jacket came off. I thought well if I suck in my gut as much as possible not so bad....only a few fat rolls.....not total gross out.....so I left to the gym. On the way there I called Alanna to see was there yet, she said she was and to show her the outfit in the locker room after she promised not to laugh too loudly at me in spandex. I was wearing the jacket and she said oh cute makes you look thin. Then the jacket came off and she said are you really gonna wear that and I said yes. My reasoning being that since Yoga is done in front of mirrors I would be forced to look at myself in the spandex reminding me that I need to do the more challenging poses and not the modified version of poses. Plus additional bonus is that my stomach would be tight and held in the entire time.
After class I was dripping in sweat! More sweat than ever, must be the extra work I put in that the spandex motivated me to do. Added plus is that it is comfortable in fact I think more comfortable than cotton yoga clothes....if that is possible? Well Just to let you know I have fallen in love with Spandex.

Disclaimer: My actual yoga outfit is similar, but in purple not pink.....but if anyone was thinking of buying me a gift...this is from champion double dry fit yoga line!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ssien said...

Um, no..but have you told your mother in law about your friend yet? I'm still waiting you know...tick tock tick tock...

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home